I have run into a very inconvenient situation last night. All the actual versions of the Hanzo swords were banned in CCS. As I understand it might be pressing affair for some, let me explain.
We were using the 2.0 CCS API provided to us by the CCS developers in all our blades. It turned out that the armor damage enhancing feature we were using wasn't behaving according to the documentation - even though we were assured we can use it without a problem. We found out just a couple of days ago and were working on a new release to solve this issue. Tonight I was contacted, told that our swords are unbalanced and causing trouble to the CCS RP and after a short discussion between Kahiro and one of the CCS people I was announced that all our blades using the 2.0 api were banned instantly.
You can imagine what came next. Frankly, I wasn't aware that our swords were that popular at all. It's pretty pleasing, on the other hand, I've never seen IM's from different ppl coming in 20second intervals for a couple of hours, until today that is :) Not having slept much, we were working on a solution to the situation. Which is as follows:
1. We're discontinuing our support for CCS. All our new blades will come just LL damage enabled, or (if we consider it fit) will use and be tuned for another combat system.
2. The existent CCS swords have been updated to 1.7 version. It's without any enhacements, just a plain CCS meelee stick. The updates are available for free in the mainstore (you get just the updated CCS blade, the other parts are working allright). At least this will allow the users that bought the swords mainly for the CCS usage to continue using them within CCS.
3. We've brutally cut our prices on existent weapons and are preparing for some new releases. Check yourself - 200-350 on combat versions and 100-150 on the decors... where else would you get something like this?
You can belive me I'm as disappointed as you are with the situation, and I can assure you we will keep up the work we've been doing so far. Peace on Earth!
Friday, August 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I think I was the first to buy one of your CCS blades, when it was released. Then I suddenly had the urge to not stay in SL. Still kinda just come in and out to update things. Like this blades..
yes your blade was unbalanced, not because it didn't do what it should do. See in almost all CCS RP sims, the class that use the armor skill is already the lowest weakest class. The tank people already complained about being ripped to shreds by people like me who are DPS types high fast damage with luck-buff.
I should have told you when i first got them, I noticed right away but opted to not use it, since like I said the tank people dont need to be dragged thru the mud anymore after they are dead.
The initial stance is a bit odd too, i look funny in it.. >.>
Suomy Voom
Odd? You tell me :) The blades are like a year and a half old, one of my first works, and they look according to it.
With the CCS, you know... it all comes down to this: I've been active within the old style C:SI, with all the clans and duels in Edo and Samurai Island in my earlier days. That's why i actually made my first blades. I know though that to make a good weapon one should fight with it, be aware of the powers and weaknesses know what's happening in the community. Unfortunately i'm just a man, with limited time resources at my hand. Either i create and market my stuff to be able to make living out of SL, and then i don't have really time to get involved in any rp, or I camp at the Midian sims or Toxia or wherever adn end up a s weapon maker. Which I'm really not. I like to design different things in wide variety of styles. I originally thought that my coder would take care of it, but it was not the best idea.
However, with the new code, the Shingens are a different sort than the others. What about some testing? Contact me inworld if you'd like to :)
Hello, I want to mess around with the builder and make a sword. I hate asking in here but I been searching everywhere for a tutorial on building a sword or importing some work I've done and converting the files or changing the format to be useable in SL.
Is there a tutorial you know of? Thanks in advance. My email is cwolff32@gmail.com
I am an Illustrator and 2d graphic designer, who is fairly new to SL. I have explored a lot of places, areas, shops and store and have found your stuff to be some of the best in creativity, quality and also price. Being in the professional art field, I sometimes find my myself not easily impressed by art, due to the competitive nature of my job and friends, to push art to the next level.
I must say your stuff is very impressive.... Your Hanzo Blades and Dirty Lynx lines are great and remain to be my favorites on SL. I know you put a lot of hard work, time and passion into your items, and it shows.
I for one would like to say thanks, keep up the great work you inspire us all.
p.s. you guys every think of making a urban combat area or just an area based on
vision?
Thanks, I really try :) Being originally a 2d web and print designer too, such comments really make my days :)
I'm thinking about something like you mention, and hopefully we might get enough time to do such a project this year. I'm thinking about some dark rainy cityscape, kind of the lyric scenes in Ghost in the Shell :)
Post a Comment